Pukka’s Fresh Start Organic Tea
Uplifting and caffeine-free to boot, this tea is a lovely blend of organic lemon, lemongrass and warming spices. How better to start the day than with this energising, healthy herbal brew?
Pukka Herbs, the UK’s largest organic tea company, has launched Fresh Start. Blended by expert Master Herbsmith and practising herbalist Sebastian Pole, its sustainably sourced organic herbs, zesty organic lemon and warming aromatic fennel seeds, gently awaken your body and mind at the start of a new day. Stimulating yet soothing, this tea helps strengthen the digestive system to support optimum metabolism and, like all Pukka’s herbal blends, it is made with 100% organic and ethically sourced ingredients.
Pukka plastic-free tea bags come in their own recyclable envelopes to retain the essential oils in the organic herbs... and here's the clever bit, each bag has two chambers. This allows the herbs to flow and release the full potency in your cup. Pour boiling water directly on the bag and leave to steep for as long as it takes to make the perfect brew for you.
Nature’s finest ingredients to help you start your day in the best possible way:
Jo Webber, Head of Herbal Education and Ayurvedic Practitioner says:
“A Pukka twist on the traditional lemon morning drink, Fresh Start helps to promote healthy rituals, so you feel your best. The benefits of lemon are well-known. It’s been used in for centuries as a digestive due to its aromatic and bitter properties. Fresh Start supports the body’s own natural actions. The result is a refreshing cup of herbal goodness to leave you feeling energised. This brightening blend helps to optimise your wellbeing to awaken your best self."
Besides all the above plus points, Pukka Teas are Organic - Vegan - Gluten free - Vegetarian - Wheat Free - Dairy Free
Pukka Fresh Start organic herbal tea is available from online retailers, health shops and supermarkets. RRP 2.99 for 20 sachets.
Pukka Herbs has launched a fabulous bedtime tea which is absolutely chocca with immunity supporting ingredients.
Blended by Pukka’s Master Herbsmith, Sebastian Pole, Night Time Berry is a taste of fruity heaven with 100% organic blackcurrant, echinacea and elderberry combined with nature’s A-list night-time herbs; lavender, chamomile and valerian, making this the absolutely perfect bedtime brew.
Nature’s finest ingredients for sleep and immunity :
Elderberries: Bursting with brightly coloured pigments that act as natural antioxidants, elderberries are a natural source of vitamin C.
Echinacea: A renowned immune tonic, echinacea can be particularly helpful to maintain seasonal wellness.
Valerian: Traditional tonic to support restful sleep. Valerian can help us to drop off into an undisturbed sleep
Chamomile: contains an antioxidant called apigenin which works on brain receptors to help initiate sleep.
Night Time Berry (RRP £2.99) is a new addition to Pukka’s popular sleep range which includes Pukka’s Organic Night Time tea and supplements.
I've been trying Pukka night time berry tea to see if it would help improve my sleeping pattern. I have to say that I am surprised (because I've tried many others which have no effect on me at all) and very pleased to say that it has indeed improved my sleep .... and what's more, it's lovely fruity taste is extremely relaxing .... zzzzzzzzzz
Roots of Kimchi – authentic Korean kimchi made in the UK
A fusion of Korean heritage and modern British artisan production, Roots of Kimchi is a new brand of kimchi made in the UK, organic and non-organic options are available. Packed with flavour and a spicy kick that you can't ignore, Roots of Kimchi is created in small batches to authentic family recipes by a Korean chef. It delivers a wild taste sensation undiscovered by British consumers until now..... hang on a minute though, what is kimchi?
Okay, Kimchi is a Korean cuisine staple. ingredients can vary slightly but generally speaking it includes pickled, fermented vegetables, garlic, chilli, ginger and often fish sauce. It gets tastebuds dancing with its sweet, sour, spicy flavours. It's no one hit wonder and can be used as a condiment, a dip, an ingredient or side dish.
Rob Peacock, co-director at Roots of Kimchi said, “Many British people will never have heard of kimchi, but we’re determined to change that. Not only is it delicious and bursting with flavour, it offers a host of nutritional advantages as part of a balanced diet. Our range of Kimchi for Kids is also a good way to encourage children to consume more vegetables, it’s a fun and tasty new food for them to try.”
Roots of Kimchi is produced in four variants, all made to a gluten-free recipe:
• Organic Vegan Cabbage Kimchi – staple Korean kimchi with bold, rich, wholesome flavours
• Organic Vegan Mooli Kimchi – big, crunchy chunks, slightly sweet
• Organic Mooli Kimchi for Kids – a slight twist on traditional radish kimchi made from crispy shredded organic mooli, vegan and full of goodness
• Organic Parsnips & Carrots Kimchi – naturally sweet, crunchy, vegan
Julia Davies, nutritional therapist and consultant to Roots of Kimchi, commented, “I often recommend kimchi to my clients as a way of introducing wholesome, nutritious vegetables to their regime and because the positive impact of kimchi on the gut and the immune system is profound. Gut health is more important than ever now and the market really needed an organic range of authentic kimchi. It’s fantastic that the Roots of Kimchi team has delivered it.”
I was given Roots of Kimchi samples to try and was impressed by the deep flavours of garlic and chilli, the robustness of the vegetables and overall punchiness of the product. Unlike some others I have tried, this is no dumbed down kimchi. Food wimps it's not for you!
Some kimchi facts
1. An average of 40 pounds (18kg) of kimchi is consumed per person per year in Korea. It is considered Korea’s national dish.
2. There are hundreds of kimchi varieties made with different vegetables as the main ingredients.
3. Kimchi contains high levels of lactic acid bacteria (108~9/ml), organic acids, vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre and other functional components beneficial to health. It is considered a nutraceutical food.
4. It helps improve digestion and gut health and studies show that kimchi's benefits including positive values such as being anti-atherosclerotic, anti-diabetic and anti-obesity.
5. Kimchi contains living micro-organisms amplified during fermentation. In addition to the benefits of lactic acid bacteria, kimchi has probiotic effects.
6. Kimchi includes vitamin B, vitamin C, carotenoids, chlorophylls, indole-3-carbinol, flavonoids and unsaturated fatty acids.
7. By maintaining good gut health, kimchi can help fight bacterial and viral infections. 70-80% of our immune system is in the gut.
8. Clinical research has shown that kimchi may decrease insulin resistance and increase insulin sensitivity, while improving glucose tolerance. It is also low in calories.
Roots of Kimchi retails from £4.99 for a 275g jar and £6.99 for 475g and is available from amazon.co.uk and health food stores.
Roots of Kimchi organic products are certified by the Organic Food Federation.
I'm Gilly, award winning journalist, travel writer and 12 x author. Words & images in national newspapers / magazines.