Now you can enjoy your cuppa even more by knowing that Dorset Tea has launched Sunshine Blend, a sustainably packaged tea, in association with the Marine Conservation Society.
With a strong connection to the Dorset coastline, the brand has taken measures to ensure its packaging is as environmentally friendly as it is possible to be. They teamed up with the Marine Conservation Society to highlight the importance of using sustainable packaging and keeping coastlines litter-free.
Naturya's Organic Plant SuperProteins
What exactly are they?
A combination of cold-pressed hemp seeds lightly sweetened with coconut sugar, blended with fruit and superfoods. Result? A scrummy, nutrient-rich, protein powder that fights fatigue, helps maintain normal muscle function, supports the immune system and they're a good source of fibre too. There are three flavours to choose from : banana baobab, acai strawberry and cacao maca, all give an extra pzzazz to smoothies, porridge or milkshakes.
Size: 250g RRP: £11.99
Recipe for Cacao Protein Mousse (courtesy of Naturya)
It's easy, all you need is: half an avocado, 2 tbsp rolled oats, 30g Cacao Maca SiperProtein, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp agave syrup and 1 tbsp nut butter. Add eveything to 150ml plant milk and pop in your food blender. Pour into a bowl and top with fruit.
.Hang on though, there's more... NATURYA'S NEW ORGANIC FUNCTIONAL BLENDS
ENERGY: Zingy superfoods Baobab, Banana, Camu Camu combine with Ginger to provide a refreshing energy-boosting blend
IMMUNITY: Delicious nutrient-dense superfoods such as Barleygrass, Chlorella and Turmeric with organic, vitamin C rich fruit powders create a nourishing and clean immune-boosting blend
COGNITION: Superfoods Maca, Cacao and Lucuma mix with Date and Carob for a chocolate flavoured cognitive-health supporting blend
• One serving contains approx. 3/4 of your recommended daily intake of vitamin B2
• High in protein and fibre
• Supports immunity and protects against oxidative stress
• Perfect for adding to smoothies, baking, hot drinks, juice shots or stirring into porridge or yoghurt
Size: 250g RRP: £11.99
Naturya's Plant SuperProteins and Functional Blends are available in Tesco stores. Give them a try, you'll be glad you did!
Naturya is one of the UK’s market leading superfood brands, known for providing a top quality range of vegan and organic products of single ingredient superfoods, blends, proteins and breakfast boosts. They use only the finest organic superfoods harvested from around the world. Core drivers are personal health, planetary well-being and animal welfare.
There are lots of recipes on Naturya's site HERE do have a look .... here's one below
Exotic Energy Bowl (recipe courtesy of Naturya)
Prep Time: 3mins Cook Time: 1min Serves: 1
This smoothie full of exotic flavours contains Vitamin C, copper and manganese to help you feel energised and refreshed.
Ingredients : ½ cup oat or cashew milk - ½ kiwi - ½ cup frozen pineapple & mango - ½ banana - 1/3 cup soya yoghurt - 25g Energy Functional Blend
Method : Pour milk in blender, add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and garnish with kiwi, coconut flakes or whatever you choose.
Roots of Kimchi – authentic Korean kimchi made in the UK
A fusion of Korean heritage and modern British artisan production, Roots of Kimchi is a new brand of kimchi made in the UK, organic and non-organic options are available. Packed with flavour and a spicy kick that you can't ignore, Roots of Kimchi is created in small batches to authentic family recipes by a Korean chef. It delivers a wild taste sensation undiscovered by British consumers until now..... hang on a minute though, what is kimchi?
Okay, Kimchi is a Korean cuisine staple. ingredients can vary slightly but generally speaking it includes pickled, fermented vegetables, garlic, chilli, ginger and often fish sauce. It gets tastebuds dancing with its sweet, sour, spicy flavours. It's no one hit wonder and can be used as a condiment, a dip, an ingredient or side dish.
Rob Peacock, co-director at Roots of Kimchi said, “Many British people will never have heard of kimchi, but we’re determined to change that. Not only is it delicious and bursting with flavour, it offers a host of nutritional advantages as part of a balanced diet. Our range of Kimchi for Kids is also a good way to encourage children to consume more vegetables, it’s a fun and tasty new food for them to try.”
Roots of Kimchi is produced in four variants, all made to a gluten-free recipe:
• Organic Vegan Cabbage Kimchi – staple Korean kimchi with bold, rich, wholesome flavours
• Organic Vegan Mooli Kimchi – big, crunchy chunks, slightly sweet
• Organic Mooli Kimchi for Kids – a slight twist on traditional radish kimchi made from crispy shredded organic mooli, vegan and full of goodness
• Organic Parsnips & Carrots Kimchi – naturally sweet, crunchy, vegan
Julia Davies, nutritional therapist and consultant to Roots of Kimchi, commented, “I often recommend kimchi to my clients as a way of introducing wholesome, nutritious vegetables to their regime and because the positive impact of kimchi on the gut and the immune system is profound. Gut health is more important than ever now and the market really needed an organic range of authentic kimchi. It’s fantastic that the Roots of Kimchi team has delivered it.”
I was given Roots of Kimchi samples to try and was impressed by the deep flavours of garlic and chilli, the robustness of the vegetables and overall punchiness of the product. Unlike some others I have tried, this is no dumbed down kimchi. Food wimps it's not for you!
Some kimchi facts
1. An average of 40 pounds (18kg) of kimchi is consumed per person per year in Korea. It is considered Korea’s national dish.
2. There are hundreds of kimchi varieties made with different vegetables as the main ingredients.
3. Kimchi contains high levels of lactic acid bacteria (108~9/ml), organic acids, vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre and other functional components beneficial to health. It is considered a nutraceutical food.
4. It helps improve digestion and gut health and studies show that kimchi's benefits including positive values such as being anti-atherosclerotic, anti-diabetic and anti-obesity.
5. Kimchi contains living micro-organisms amplified during fermentation. In addition to the benefits of lactic acid bacteria, kimchi has probiotic effects.
6. Kimchi includes vitamin B, vitamin C, carotenoids, chlorophylls, indole-3-carbinol, flavonoids and unsaturated fatty acids.
7. By maintaining good gut health, kimchi can help fight bacterial and viral infections. 70-80% of our immune system is in the gut.
8. Clinical research has shown that kimchi may decrease insulin resistance and increase insulin sensitivity, while improving glucose tolerance. It is also low in calories.
Roots of Kimchi retails from £4.99 for a 275g jar and £6.99 for 475g and is available from amazon.co.uk and health food stores.
Roots of Kimchi organic products are certified by the Organic Food Federation.
I'm Gilly, award winning journalist and author of 12 books. Published credits include the Telegraph, Daily Mail, CNN, Daily Express, Country & Town House, The Scotsman, The Sun, Woman's Own, Lonely Planet, etc